We are looking for a machinery operator for autonomous tractor development who should have a deep understanding of traditional agriculture machinery, experience with precision agriculture technology, knowledge of soil science, expertise in electric systems, an understanding of energy consumption, and experience in building and testing prototypes using CAD software and other design tools.
Our mission is to help our farmers increase their productivity and have an easier life while assisting in their transition to more sustainable agriculture. We achieve that by making tractor automation accessible to all farmers.
About the role
In-depth understanding of agriculture machinery is needed. You should understand how the equipment works and be familiar with all aspects of operation, including maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting. You should be ready to create and test prototypes for software, electrical systems, and mechanical components. You should be comfortable with iterating on designs and testing until a successful solution is found.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive knowledge of traditional agricultural machinery, including tractors and other agricultural equipment and maintenance
- Experience with precision agriculture technology, including GPS, drones, and other tools used for crop monitoring and management; be ready to integrate these tools into the autonomous tractor's systems and provide guidance on how to optimize crop yields
- Knowledge of soil science to understand how the tractor's actions impact soil quality and crop yields
- Maintenance of equipment: regular machinery inspection to identify any issues or signs of wear and tear that could cause problems down the line, oil level, fuel level
- Strong understanding of electric systems, including wiring, batteries, and charging systems; able to diagnose and repair electrical issues as needed
- Understanding of energy consumption and be able to optimize the tractor's energy usage to extend its operating time and minimize downtime
- Experience in building and testing prototypes of the autonomous tractor's systems
- Proficient in using computer-aided design (CAD) software and other design tools to create and modify prototype designs
- Ability to work through failures and unexpected results in the prototyping process
- English (at least B1 level)
What we offer
- A fast-growing, dynamic company
- A strong social and ecological mission: we help farmers, we help the environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Mostly working in an office
- Paid holidays
We're looking for someone to join our great, multinational team as soon as possible. If you think you fit the bill, get in touch and we’ll see how good a fit you are—we look forward to hearing from you!