Project Technical Lead (PTL)
The Project Technical Lead (PTL) will be responsible for leading teams to develop solutions and produce associated designs to enable the successful delivery of projects.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers, Technicians and Specialists in the delivery of needs assessments, studies and solution development associated with the delivery of a major capital investment programme. The scope encompasses; planning and monitoring of project delivery, management of 3rd party liaison and statutory approvals, team management and responsibility for project performance.
In this role you will be required to take a hands-on approach to manage the delivery of project output to ensure that solutions and the delivery process both satisfy the scope of work and provide value for money. You are required to communicate across delivery teams to ensure that delivery is being achieved within acceptable quality, cost and schedule parameters and take proactive action to support project teams to achieve their goals. There will be a strong emphasis on Stakeholder management and good communications skills will be vital. You will need to understand the activity of the project teams, identify and manage programme risk items, and ensure good technical governance procedures are followed.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams, demonstrate strong leadership abilities and have the desire to be part of a fast-growing startup company where you’ll have the opportunity to guide the development of our portfolio of products.
- To be responsible for leading project team to develop and deliver solutions on project.
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver project to high standards, on time and on budget.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary activities and inputs by the project team, including specialist inputs, to ensure an integrated solution
- Ensure project outputs conform to the scope, are safe and are of an appropriate quality that has been confirmed by an independent review
- Delivery of project outputs on time and in accordance with the allocated budgets.
- Achievement of project delivery milestones - deliver quality outputs to budget and schedule.
- Achievement of utilisation targets.
- Contribution to company culture and values.
- Contribution to the professional development of technical staff.
- Manage other special projects as assigned
- Other duties as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced level of English
- Engineering experience in senior technical, professional or management positions.
- Minimum 2 years of project tech lead experience
- Demonstrable experience working with crypto or blockchain projects
- Attention to details and experience with testing code through code
- Experienced level of decision making i.e. capability to make quality business decisions, identify, assess, evaluate, negotiate and solve problems.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Solid experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time
- Comfortable with presenting project readouts to Executive level audience
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology
- Self-motivated, organized
- Competitive salary based on prior experience
- Work equipment
- Opportunities for professional and career growth
- Opportunity of business trips to other offices in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Brazil, and Europe (not required)
- Paid sick days
- Corporate celebrations and fun activities