Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
The Program will transform the way all map-making is completed within the company to be automated and real-time while eliminating duplicate work and moving into the new future of a Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem. The company needs all components used for map-making as a service, real-time content updates, and full enriched maps. The goal is for all products to be within a single architecture, with the ability to expose each individual service as an external solution.
The Python Engineer will play a vital role in collaborating as part of this cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines and address big data challenges. The Python Engineer will work closely with the systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges;
- Work with various tools to transform provided data for better customer perception;
- Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions;
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept for iterative development;
- Learn new technologies and apply the knowledge in production systems;
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the enterprise data pipelines and the data lake;
- Partner with various teams to define and execute data acquisition, transformation, processing and make data actionable for operational and analytics initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering with Python and adjacent open source technologies;
- Experience working with ElasticSearch/Kibana, Solr, Nutch, Lucene or similar tools or libraries for information retrieval (Better if experienced working with Content-Based Image Retrieval systems);
- Experience working with CI/CD environments (GitLab CI), Git, understanding of Docker concepts;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services;
- Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English, ability to articulate and communicate clearly complex topics.
Nice to have:
- Visualization tools/libraries: Tableau, d3, Vega, python-based (matplotlib, plotly, etc.);
- Kubernetes, Argo.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.