We're looking for a Team Lead to help us enhance our core IP specifically our Engine, a fundamental piece of the product suite.
We are looking for three things from our team lead. First is a passion for people leadership and development. Success occurs through your team, not through you. Second is a passion for the software development process. We are heavily focused on Agile and Lean principles and want a leader that is continually striving to adopt and optimize against both. Lastly given this highly technical domain we need someone with strong technical experience especially on the design and language side. A polyglot with experience leading full stack developers is ideal.
- Hire, inspire, support, and develop a high-performing team comprised of 3-5 software and quality engineers
- Grow a great work environment through modeling exemplary servant leadership
- Partner with Product Management in defining our product roadmap including defining the initiatives, features, and stories (and related estimates) required to deliver it
- Leverage our established Agile and Lean tools and practices to develop (and continually improve upon) a highly effective software engineering pipeline
- Stewards quality and performance with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Facilitate and participate in code reviews for the engineers on your team to ensure delivery of clean, well-tested, and performant software.
- Mentoring and coaching a team of engineers. Engineers could be at a variety of levels.
- Identify dependencies and collaborate with other teams and team leads to resolve. Additionally, collaborate with other team leads to support the organization's mission to deliver a complete, high-quality product.
- People leadership experience with a strong desire to lead; servant leader with passion for developing people and high-performance teams
- Demonstrable experience in designing software solutions preferably leveraging open source and open standards; deep familiarity with modern languages, design principles, and design patterns
- Deep understanding and commitment to modern software engineering principles/processes (Agile, Lean, DevOps) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Strong experience in modern development pipelines and tools (e.g. Git)
- Demonstrable experience driving collaboration across teams
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Exposure & knowledge of C++
- Automated testing experiencing using QUnit, Mocha, or other testing frameworks
- Experience using Subversion and/or Git
What we offer:
- Official employment according to the Labor Law of Ukraine (NOT a contractor’s/PE agreement)
- Comfortable office near Kontraktova Ploshcha metro station (Astarta Business Center)
- “Education Days” for professional development
- "Innovation Days", a 3-day company-wide hackathon
- Paid vacation (28 calendar days) and public holidays
- Paid sick leaves according to the Labor Law of Ukraine
- Business trips to the USA
- Global Kickoff once a year
- Performance bonus system
- Mental health/sport activities reimbursement
- Medical and life insurance for employee (full coverage) and his/her family (partial coverage)
- English classes reimbursement
- Trainings, certifications, conferences including international events
- Professional literature with option to order books
- Referral program
- Paid weekly team lunches, free snacks, soft drinks and more