We are looking for someone who is more than just a great tester - we are looking for someone who can help developers be great testers as well. Someone who understands that building quality into the development process is more efficient than verifying quality after a feature is built. Someone who can shape processes, build new tools and drive adoption across their team so that they deliver higher quality at a faster speed. If you want to manage projects yet remain technical, and - if you're passionate about quality, but want to do way more than just test, then this role is for you.
In this role you’ll be:
- Analysing our development and release process to identify what should or could be improved for higher quality and development speed.
- Helping the development team brainstorm test ideas, edge cases and produce sound test plans for features they are working on.
- Organising and facilitating demo and test sessions to ensure that features were implemented to a high standard.
- Challenging the status quo, making changes to the way things are done and ensuring that those changes create the desired effects.
- Forming and leading SWAT teams to tackle bigger challenges. You’ll be empowering every member of the team to do their best work.
- Designing and implementing solutions that help the team deliver features faster, safer and to a high level of quality.
- Creating that energetic team spirit, which will reinforce continuous improvement and standards of excellence.
- Spreading successful ideas and solutions to other teams within the company.
- Every team member’s best friend, available to help them with the challenging task of delivering high-quality software to the customers.
You are the right fit if:
- You have great exploratory testing skills (including both functional and non-functional tests) and can coach others in the team to become good exploratory testers
- You are a critical thinker, and frequently spot risks and problems no one else in the team has thought about
- You are a great facilitator that can organise people to solve problems
- You have run workshops and training sessions to give developers the skills necessary to improve their efficiency or quality of their work
- You can build working prototypes of tools and frameworks to enhance the software development lifecycle
- You know at least one of the programming languages well enough to conduct code reviews and interpret results of various static analysis tools (preferably Java; might be Scala, JS, Python, Ruby or C#)
- Ideally you have solid experience in test automation, can make good decisions about the types of test automation that should be used for various features, and be able to improve existing test automation frameworks
- You are principled, and at the same time, pragmatic
- You know what Agile, Lean, DevOps and Delivery are about
- You stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry and usually can distinguish BS from really good ideas
- You are an excellent communicator with fluent English (both oral and written)
- This is a role for experienced people only and requires a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in software development.
There are many good reasons to join us:
- Impact. You will be working on world renowned products from the Atlassian ecosystem. Our cross-functional teams are empowered to solve complex user problems for companies such as NASA, Samsung, Red Bull, Toyota and thousands of others across the globe. Our tech stack features Java, Spring, Maven, REST, JUnit, SQL, Docker, AWS, ElasticSearch & Python.
- Culture. We’re nearly 200 people, but our organisational structure remains flat, with few management levels and agile at heart. We work in small teams, diverse in terms of setup, experience and culture, where internal mobility and secondments are welcomed. We travel to the US, Australia and many other locations worldwide and often extend our stay beyond just business.
- Room for growth. We follow clearly defined career paths, both in engineering as well as in management, with unified and public salary bands. Everyone is entitled to a 7500 PLN annual budget and 4 days leave for educational activities. We are encouraged to speak at conferences, run 20% pet projects and participate in quarterly ShipIt hackathons.
- Comfort. We work on MacBooks, use 24 inch 4K monitors, sit on Aeron chairs and stand by desks with adjustable height, if we prefer to. We’re based in a modern office with all the benefits of a city-center location. In our kitchen there are always fresh snacks and beverages at everyone’s disposal, as well as a pantry stocked with everything you may need for a quick DIY lunch.
- Social. Each year we treat ourselves to two big company parties and countless smaller events, such as brown bags, culture mixers, Social Fridays and team achievement celebrations. On top of that, we’re all entitled to a 500 PLN quarterly social budget - some use it for lunches, others chip in for a team offsite somewhere warm. There’s no dress code.
- The usual stuff. Private medical healthcare, life insurance, Multisport card.