Company is the best DARN (Developing Areas Research Network) development shop in New York that has its development office in USA and Ukraine. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer in Kyiv, Ukraine. Would this be you?
Envision, Influence, Design, Develop and Execute DevOps related processes including:
- Continuous Integration Build & Deployment automation pipelines,
- Test automation, Monitoring automation,
- Infrastructure/Everything as a Code Supporting System
Teams in implementing and managing platform environments, including:
- DevOps tools installation and configuration,
- Ongoing resources consumption monitoring (incl. creating utilization plans and optimization activities),
- Maintaining up-to-date platform and environment documentation (hosts, assignments, configuration, licenses etc),
- Performing ongoing platform maintenance including system and application patches implementation,
- Supporting Security Team in auditing and configuring system for secured access
Support Sprint Teams in implementing and utilizing automation tools, scripts and processes by:
- Providing ongoing guidance,
- Delivering trainings,
- Providing documentation materials,
- Collecting feedback,
- Providing self service tools
Supporting Development Process by:
- removing roadblocks for developers and testers,
- identifying and implementing process improvements and automation opportunities, deploying/promoting applications to production and non-production environments,
- configuring operating systems, virtual machines, networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Related Fields
- Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience in Information technology
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a DevOps role
- Experience working with automation of C#, .Net, and Java developments
- Knowledge of React/Redux
- Experience working with COTS (commercial off the shelf)
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Puppet/Chef
- Experience working with Jenkins and Jenkins Pipelines, Maven, MS Build, Bitbucket/Git, Jira
- Experience working with Test Automation tools like HP ALM
- Experience working Microsoft MS SQL, Tomcat servers
- Experience working with Windows Servers (2012, 2016)
- Experience in PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Experience networking skills, good understanding of TCP and Firewalls
- Experience with performance & hardening techniques and Security/Authorization patterns and practices
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills complemented with sound interpersonal and team skills.
- Proven ability to effectively perform in Agile / Scrum and at advanced levels in Vendor facing Teams.
- Curiosity to learn and grow intellectual and technical knowledge.
- Consistent record of dependable performance at advanced levels with minimal supervision.
- English is a must.
Will be a plus:
- Preferably experience working in highly regulated environments: knowledge of LifeScience, Healthcare or Biopharma industry.
- Automation knowledge of SCADA packages
- Linux knowledge
- Embedded systems experience
- Experience working with virtualization technology, especially HyperV Docker and Kubernetes knowledge