The Scrum Master Agile Coach's primary responsibilities are that of agile processfacilitator to delivery teams, and of coach and mentor to the individuals on those teams. They should be familiar with coaching and facilitation skills, have a broad understanding of software development processes, and experience with both Scrum and Kanban. The ideal candidate fully embraces the "coaching stance." They have a passion for continuous, metrics-driven improvement, and an affinity for life-long learning.
- Act as facilitator and coach to 2-3 Scrum or Kanban teams of various agile maturity levels. Focus on guiding the teams towards self-management and continuous improvement in implementing the principles of agile software development.
- Assist teams to define team agreements and hold them accountable to them.
- Facilitate team-level agile ceremonies (sprint planning meetings, backlog refinement meetings, retrospectives, sprint demos, sprint reviews) and other relevant meetings or working sessions.
- Participate in program-level events such as demo, program review, etc..
- Assist the Program Manager in facilitating large-scale, program-level meetings: big room planning, big room retrospectives, etc.
- Mentor and assist teams in planning events/ceremonies at both the team and program levels.
- Ensure cross-team coordination via dependency tracking both on and off line.
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Aid the teams in reporting relevant metrics to help them both diagnose opportunities for improvement and report out the status of their deliverables.
- Create information radiators that allow the team and organization to communicate and visualize their work.
- Manage CA Technologies (Rally) software.
- Contribute as a member of the Agile Team consisting of other Agile Coaches to develop and implement program level initiatives and form a community of practice.
- Actively contribute to company's goal of being an Agile center of excellence
Qualifications, Skills & Education:
- 1+ years of experience as Agile Coach or Scrum Master.
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills.
- Deep knowledge of Agile framework, Kanban and Scrum process/practices.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI Agile Certified Professional.
- Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- 4 year degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or
related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work
- Demonstrated expectation management, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage
effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong skills in planning, resource planning, and risk assessment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.