This role focuses
On managing our client’s distributed data platforms by providing high quality services and keeping the lights on. The engineer will be working with a variety of customers from social media platforms to banking systems. The role will require on-call work on a rota basis to help manage customer’s environments and support internal systems.
This role is based out of the Kiev (priority) and involves working with a DevOps team that is distributed across Europe.
The candidate must be comfortable working and communicating over instant messenger, slack and video communications.
- Ansible – several years automation experience. This should be your main day-to-day automation tool, not just something you have looked at or used occasionally. You should be an expert in Ansible and be using it on a daily basis – writing your own roles, playbooks etc. We have invested heavily in Ansible as our main tool and need someone who can leverage and enhance our automation.
- Apache Kafka – In-depth and expert operational knowledge of Kafka and associated technologies. You need to have used Apache Kafka extensively in production and know how to architect, manage and deploy it.
- Technical Leadership – this is senior role in our company. It comes with responsibility and will influence our architecture and future growth. Passionate about technology and automation. You will be mentoring junior engineers and helping them learn and grow. We always look to improve, and will expect you to tell us what we can do better and be comfortable communicating your vision and thoughts to others.
- Very good English – our main language is English, so you need to be able to communicate effectively with our distributed team over Slack and video conferences in English.
- Knowledge and experience (5+ years) with running Linux infrastructure. Should be familiar with Linux internals including Linux kernel, filesystem and network configuration and tuning.
- Good understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP fundamentals, load balancing technologies and principles, DNS, DHCP, routing etc.
- Good understanding of security and complementary technologies e.g. VPN, LDAP, SSL etc.
- Experience supporting internet facing platforms and associated technologies such as Apache HTTPD, Nginx, node.js etc.
- Experience supporting Java applications.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies (or similar) including implementation and configuration:
– Configuration management Technologies such as Puppet, Chef but preferably Ansible
– Monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog or similar
– Strong scripting skills – BASH, Python, Ruby, or Perl
– Experience of at least one cloud providers – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Excited and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Apache Cassandra
- HashiCorp stack – Consul, Terraform, Vault etc.
- Containerisation and Virtualisation technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, VMWare
- AWS Certified
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering or related discipline.
What We Offer:
- Private Entrepreneur contractor.
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations.
- Medical insurance.
- 8 hour workday and 5 day work week.
- Exciting projects involving newest technologies.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Work in varying areas on your own responsibility.
- Variety of training opportunities.
- Possible business trips to London, UK.
- Challenging tasks.