Looking for a passionate DevOps engineer in order to maintain, develop and enhance our cloud and managed data centers based infrastructure. The role involves maintaining and improving our existing infrastructure to ensure all our production systems are robust, stable and able to service a growing number of clients in this fast moving company.
- You have a ‘Yes we can’ attitude and you are motivated by tough challenges.
- You love solving complex problems and are proud in delivering high quality work.
- You are a follower of KISS and YAGNI philosophies.
- You are energetic, fun loving and sociable.
- You enjoy helping others.
- You are adaptable and creative.
- You have self-confidence.
- Build, test, operate and improve the server and service infrastructure on AWS and owned managed data centers.
- Maintain and implement industry best practises for automated configuration, management and security.
- Implement the benefits of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and concepts.
- Design and maintain monitoring, measuring and alerting systems as well as centralised logging.
- Evaluate software performance – optimisation.
- Working closely with our software developers to design and implement infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system, networking and information security.
- Experience with virtualization (XEN, KVM, Docker Linux containers) and orchestration layers.
- Experience with provisioning tools like Ansible, Terraform or Packer.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK).
- Experience with monitoring tools, Prometheus, Grafana, statsd, collectd, Zabbix.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
- Experience with source code repositories, Git / Gitlab.
- Experience of deploying, supporting and patching PHP based applications.
- Ability to script languages and code in any one of the following, Bash, Python, Ruby
- Ability to use monitoring and evaluate outcomes
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems.
- Good English communication skills.