As a Sales Engineer, you will provide support and guidance to current and prospective customers.
Working closely with sales, you will manage technical cases by diagnosing, reproducing and resolving customers’ technical issues swiftly and effectively to assist with the development and progression of sales opportunities. You will showcase the company’s products by delivering online webinars, oneto-ones and attending face-to-face meetings. You will build and maintain trusting relationships with suppliers and ensure that escalations and referrals happen seamlessly.
Working with breakthrough IoT/Endpoint Management software, thin client and virtualisation technologies, you will troubleshoot customer issues in multiple types of virtual environment (Citrix, VMware, Microsoft) and take ownership of the customer’s product experience by providing exceptional levels of service and engagement at all times. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, able to work from home and in an office, be committed to ongoing selfeducation, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem-solving skills.
- Resolve customer problems via email and phone.
- Give product demos and webinars online or in person
- Attend trade shows as and when required
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers.
- Proactively provide recommendations and action plans to customers.
- Escalate cases to management and/or vendors where appropriate.
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
- Expand and improve company operating processes.
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Learn as much about our products and ecosystem as possible, and foster new relationships with third party vendors where there may be future working opportunities
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in an effective and timely manner
- An keen interest in developing skills and learning new technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux system
- System administration skills
- Detailed understanding of network architecture (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls)
- Basic understanding of shell scripting
- Experience in virtualized environments such as ESX/vSphere, Xen, AWS
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customer engagements under all circumstances
- High energy, high integrity, grace under pressure – must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- Fluent in English
- A willing traveller